The enthusiasm of people who want to join our walking tours is enormous and we are thrilled! Thank you, people! However, we are aware that there are some confusions and we hope this will help answering your questions:
- What is Jakarta Walking Tour?
Well, it’s a tour…on foot. You will be accompanied by one of our guides to some of the most interesting parts of Jakarta. Like a guide, he/she will tell you the stories behind buildings, streets, or areas.
- How many routes are there?
There are 4 and each one of them is unique and interesting. However, on weekends we have other routes too.
- Which one do you recommend for a first-timer?
If this is your first visit to J-town, the City Center route will show you the modern part and some highlights of Jakarta. The Old Town route is definitely a must because this is the story of Jakarta began.
- How do we join your walking tour?
If you want to join our regular route, fill in the googleform from our blog. After submitting, read the information at the end of the form. There will also be a confirmation email sent to your email. Finally, show up at the date and the meeting point 10 mins before the walk starts. If you suddenly can’t join, please inform us via email or whatsapp.
- Where is the meeting place?
The meeting point depends on which route you are going to walk. We will inform you the meeting point as soon as you book our walking tour.
- How much do we pay for the walking tour?
Well, it’s a pay-as-you-wish walking tour, so you are free to tip the guide as much (or as little) as you wish, depending on your satisfaction towards his service. 🙂
- How far is the walk?
It is about 3-5 kms, depending on the route you choose.
- How long does the walking tour take?
It takes around 2-3 hours, depending on the number of people joining the group and of course, the duration you take to take pictures. 🙂
- What’s the minimum and maximum number of participants of the walking tour?
We will walk with only 1 person and we believe one guide can only handle maximum 15 people, so we limit the participants to only 15.
- What is a food tour?
The tour that explores signature dishes of Indonesia. We will try famous local cuisine from the delicious rendang to the tasty satay and the rich lamb fried rice. From a popular restaurant to the busy street cart. Within 2 hours, your tastebuds will be spoiled by the various flavours of Indonesian foods.
- Why is the food tour available for foreigners only?
Because Indonesians won’t find the experience interesting. The foods that we will try are regular foods that locals find every day. So, no offence, but the experience is available for foreigners who dare to try local meals.
- Can I join if I take my foreigner friends in the food tour?
- What dishes are available for tasting in the food tour?
- Rendang – voted as the most delicious food by CNN Go readers in 2011. It’s slow-cooked beef with coconut milk and spices.
- Chicken & lamb satay – Chunks of chicken/lamb meat grilled in a wooden stick with sweet soy sauce or peanut sauce.
- Durian – tropical fruit with sweet creamy meat. Like it or not, try it (at least once in your life)!
- Martabak – Indonesian pancake made of flour with chocolate sprinkles, peanuts, cheese, and others.
- Lamb fried rice – fried rice with Indonesian curry mixed in a giant pan.
- Indonesian chocolate – Indonesia is one of the biggest cocoa producers in the world. Try a bar of our chocolate!
- Many more…. Gudeg, Wedang ronde, coffee, etc.