This is the most popular route in our Jakarta Walking Tour every year. We believe one of the reasons is because the old town offers beautiful ancient buildings built during the colonial time with interesting historical facts.
The meeting point is easy to find. If you take commuter line, you need to stop at JAKARTAKOTA train station, it’s one of the biggest, oldest, and busiest train stations in the capital city. And if you take the Transjakarta bus, go to KOTA bus terminal and go under the tunnel to the station. If you need help finding it, check the googlemap location HERE
The walk will start by a little introduction about the area around the train station by our guide, then we will take an angkot (a minibus public transportation) to Sunda Kelapa old port. Be amazed with the huge phinishi boats here. It’s an active port, so look around when you want to take pictures. We’re sure you want to take pictures! From the port, we will pass several interesting historical buildings or monuments until we reach the most important square, Fatahillah Square. Take several minutes to take pictures and a rest before we end the tour in a newly-renovated building, OLVEH building where Semasa Cafe is located. In this cafe, we can unwind after the long walk.
Duration: 2-3 hours (depending on how you walk, the number of participants, and the number of pictures taken during the walk).
Length of route: 3 kms.
Stop Spots: KOTA station – Sunda Kelapa old port (not during the night tour) – Syahbandar Tower – VOC Shipyard – Dutch Drawbridge – Toko Merah (not during the day tour) – Fatahillah Square – OLVEH building (not during the night tour).
Recommended Places to Hang Out:
1. Cafe Batavia (https://goo.gl/maps/XGwbppz1TAM2 ).
2. Aroma Kopi Nusantara (https://goo.gl/maps/jBBtb9UnZ1s ).
3. Bangi Kopitiam (https://goo.gl/maps/xHBwj3KDGDs ).
4. Kedai Seni Djakarte (https://goo.gl/maps/1VavGYtsdjk ).
5. Historia Food and Bar (https://goo.gl/maps/95dwNsmYn5x ).
6. Batavia Market Restaurant (https://goo.gl/maps/MHJfFbpaDU92 ).
7. Kedai Pos (https://goo.gl/maps/npp2HewhdiK2 ).
1. Museum Bank Indonesia (Museum of Bank Indonesia).
2. Museum Sejarah Jakarta (Jakarta History Museum).
3. Museum Wayang (Puppet Museum).
4. Museum Seni Rupa dan Keramik (Fine Arts and Ceramincs Museum).
5. Museum Bank Mandiri (Museum of Bank Mandiri).
6. Menara Syahbandar (Syahbandar Tower).
7. Museum Bahari (Maritime Museum).
1. Wonderloft Hostel
Jl. Bank no. 6, Pinangsia, Tamansari, Jakarta Barat 11110
+62 21 260 72218
2. Teduh Hostel
Jl. Jalan Pintu Besar Selatan No 82m, Jakarta Barat or click here.
+62 21 6900939 – +62 21 6904398
2. The Packer Lodge
Jl. Kemurnian IV no. 20-22, Jakarta Barat 11120.
+62 (21) 6290162